Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Best Dom in Berlin







Monday was my favorite group outing thus far. We visited New Yorker and New York Times illustrator Christoph Niemann at his office. I was unfamiliar with his work until the visit but his approach to art is genius in its simplicity. He spoke with us about his creative process and his work. I was amazed by how many projects he is constantly undertaking and how perfectly each of them is completed. I bought a copy of his book, which he signed for all of us. Tuesday, we visited the Berliner Dom. I've been to this attraction before, but I had never climbed to the top and looked out onto the city from the ledge. I realized how low most of the buildings are in Berlin because, even though the Berliner Dom isn't that high up, you can see over every other building in the vicinity. The contrast between the early 20th century architecture of the Dom and the modern city below it was striking. We also passed by a room with an artist making a model of the Dom hard at work behind-the-scenes. That evening we went to the Müggelsee, which was breathtaking. The weather was perfect to walk along the lake and it was postcard-picturesque with sailboats passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment